Undergraduate Research [Independent Study] (1.0-3.0)
Students conduct laboratory research in biology under supervision of a faculty member. Permission of instructor is required. Guidelines for Independent Study apply. A written report is required.
(May be repeated with new research.)
1. Junior standing.
2. A minimum of 9 semester hours in the discipline of the Independent Study.
3. A minimum grade point average of 2.50 in the discipline.
4. Proof of motivation and ability to work independently.
5. Approval of the division in which the study is to be taken.
6. Permission from the student's advisor, the course instructor, the Division Chair, and the Registrar.
The number in parentheses
following the course title indicates the semester hours of credit assigned to the
An H following the course number indicates an honors level course.