Ph.D. (English), The University of Toledo, 1972
M.A. (English), The University of Toledo, 1969
B.S., Bloomsburg State College, 1967
At RWC since 1972
Milton and Hemingway
Current Research Interests:
- "'Top-hole" in Hemingway's 'A Way You'll Never Be'" The Explicator. 69, no. 3 (December, 2011): 109-112.
- Milton's "On the Morning of Christ's Nativity and the Tradition of English Poetry on This Theme. The Edwin Mellen Press: 2009. [Recepient of "The Adele Mellen Prize for Distinguished Contribution to Scholarship"]
- Shakespeare's Othello 4.3.60-105." Explicator 65.4 (Summer 2007): 197-199.
- The Sources and Traditions of Milton's L'Allegro and Il Penseroso. The Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston, NY: 1999.
- “The Influence of Flannery O’Connor’s Wise Blood on Joyce Carol Oates’s ‘Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?’” Religious Humanism, 33.1 and 2 (Winter/Spring, 1999): 68-80.
- Hemingway's Debt to Baseball in The Old Man and the Sea: A Collection of Critical Readings, ed. by C. Harold Hurley, The Edwin Mellen Press: Lewiston, NY. 1992.
LIT 101 Introduction to Literature
LIT 201 Survey of English Literature I
LIT 204 American Literature I
LIT 303 Shakespeare
LIT 304 Short Story
LIT 305 Major Author: Milton
LIT 405 Special Topics in Literature