New York State
The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is a grant awarded to undergraduate students who are permanent residents of NYS and meet other qualifying criteria.
Undergraduate students who are NYS residents may receive up to four years (8 semesters) of TAP for full-time study. Under certain conditions, part-time students may also be eligible for a limited amount of TAP.
NEW YORK STATE TAP SCHOOL CODE is 0640
How to Apply for TAP:
1) Apply Online for Federal Aid
- The TAP application process begins with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov .
- NYS Higher Education Services Cororation, HESC, will use the FAFSA as part of your online TAP application.
2) Complete Your Online TAP Application by either:
- Link to to the TAP application from your FAFSA Confirmation Page. Look for the orange arrow.
- Apply directly to www.hesc.ny.gov .
- Complete the TAP Express applicaton upon receipt of email notification from HESC.
Students who are residents of the following states may qualify for home state aid if they attend a college in New York State. Contact a high school guidance counselor or your state agencies for details.
- Rhode Island
Contact: Laura McClelland, Financial Aid Specialist
(585) 594-6326 or email at McClelland @roberts.edu